Monday, June 04, 2007

A little bit of everything!

Hi All!!

This is going to be one crazy post for updating so hang in there with me! The end of May/first of June has been insanely crazy with happenings and there's alot of news to share!

First I want to give a huge hug and even bigger CONGRATULATIONS to Shannon Zickel, her husband and son as they just finalized adoption in the Ukraine of a 4.5 year old little boy they have named Elijah (Eli for short!). They have finally finished the adoption process and are currently on their 10 day waiting period before they can bring Eli home. I'm just over the moon excited for them and posted this here because I know they could use all the prayers and positive thoughts they can get for a smooth trip home and adjustment for Eli and the entire family. So happy for you, Shan, and I'll be over soon to get pics of the new family of FOUR! ;)

Then I want to give a super big smooch to my Ethan who earned a "Flexibility" award at his First Grade Awards program at school. His elementary really focuses on "life skills" and being a good person/doing the right thing, and this award was for adjusting to change well and "going with the flow" - ie: being "Flexible!" :)v(My poor buddy - can you see those eyese? He had a terrible allergy attack the night before which left them so red and puffy :().

So proud of him for that and all that he's accomplished this year. They topped off the school year with Field Day - and seriously, who couldn't love that??! So proud of you, buddy, on a great year!

And my Turner man just had his first T-ball game - he's now officially an Oriole!! And that hat? Yeah, it hasn't come off since he got it (see strawberry pics for evidence!). He did really well - even made a slide into first base after a slight tip off the Tee! Daddy was so impressed! *I* was more impressed he listened to the coaches for the most part!

We also made a quick morning visit on Friday to the patch for some fresh strawberry picking! They were wonderful but small and a bit hard to find due to the lack of rain we've had this spring but they made excellent strawberry shortcakes the next morning, so all was good!
They managed to pick about 3 lbs. combined and then were ready to call it quits! Can't say I blame them as it was SO hot!

And finally, I'm heading to AUSTRALIA in the morning! So excited to be finally going to a place I've always dreamed of doing something I love doing. I've had several emails from ladies who have signed up to take my classes and I can't wait to meet you all! So please, if you're going to the Australasian Scrapbook Convention, PLEASE make sure you stop by and say hi! I'd love to meet you!

Until the 15th! Have a great Early June!

XO, K.

7 comments:

Micaela said...

WOOHOO!! I'm so excited! Have a great flight...looking forward to meeting you on the weekend! I'm sure you'll love our beautiful country! :D

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip down under Kelly - I am doing one of your classes at the scrapbook expo on Sunday and I can't wait!!
Kirsten.

Unknown said...

When you get back we MUST get the high school reunion BFF party into gear. for reals.

Lea L. said...

Hey Kelly! I just found that you have a blog (yes...I must have been under a rock. Tee hee!) Can I just say that I am SO jealous of the fact that you are in Australia right now. It is my dream vacation destination...and I {seriously} joke with my DH that if the company he works for ever open a store in Australia...he will be the first to internally apply!

Hope you are having a great time. Those photos of your family are adorable!

HUGS!
Lea

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
just wanted to let you know that I had an absolute ball at your lunch pail class on Sunday in Brisbane. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Australia, don't miss those gorgeous boys of your's too much and have a safe trip home.

Davinie Fiero said...

Kelly! I hope you are having a wonderful time! I'm thinking about you right now... although it's probably nightie night time. I can't wait to see pics from the trip!

Anonymous said...

Australia? I'll see you there! ;) ha, I wish. How cool. have a safe trip & love the proud mom pics. what handsome boys!