Monday, December 03, 2007

December already??

Sigh. I can't believe it's already here. I know it comes the same time every year, but darn it, the years seem shorter the older I get. So. That once again leaves me in a rush for Christmas and holiday preparations (made even more rushed by sick kiddos and a tummy-bugged husband). I had the best of intentions to do a little scrappy journal of December with Ali (tried to do one with Shimelle last year and have an 8-page album for my efforts!) and apparently I'm not going to have much luck once again. Dang that time for getting away from me! So I decided to compromise and at least do a December in pictures. Then if I ever catch up I can get an album done in no time (at least that's what I keep telling myself!).

In an attempt to at least get the pictures up to speed so I don't feel behind even there, here we go with a quick recap:
December 1st we put up our Christmas tree (by we, I totally mean me while the boys ran around behind me and Hoyte tried to regain his strength from said tummy bug), put the wreaths on the doors and windows and generally tried to get into the spirit. For the first time in a long time we got an artificial tree (trying to help alleviate some allergic situations in the house) and it really is beautiful! I love that it's prelit and don't have to string lights! YAY! Even better is that for the first year, ALL the boys understand that the tree is to look at so miraculously, ornaments have finally migrated to the BOTTOM of the tree. Ahem.

On December 2nd, Hoyte brought the boys home a little $10 tree from Target (love it) and Ethan and Carson (mainly Ethan) worked on an old-fashioned paper chain made from some of my left-over scrappy holiday papers. It turned out so cute and Ethan is very proud of it. It now resides on the tree in it's new home in our Game room (aka the old nursery!).

And finally today, Turner, Carson and I made some Gingersnap cookies. They were both really excited about it until they tasted them. Turner made a face, said "YUCK!" and the cookie immediately ended up in the trash. I don't think Carson was a fan but he at lesat finished his. Oh well, can't please them all! Tomorrow might just be Gingerbread House creating. I think that might go over a bit better. I'll let you know!

4 comments:

Wendy Sommers said...

Love that photo of your Christmas tree! Can I ask what settings you used on your camera to get such a beautiful look? We just put up our tree too and I'm struggling with my Rebel. Thanks. :)

All That Chit Chat said...

From a box. Hee hee. Love it.

suzyplant said...

What a cute idea - love the photos! A fake tree? Fake cookies? Anything else Fake we should know about? haha Hope you have a great December (in photos) and thanks for all the nice comments on my January success in CK! suzy

Debbie said...

Kelly,
Your tree is just beautiful! I so want to get a fake tree because I hate the mess to clean up after Christmas.