Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Old New Borrowed Cool - February edition

Hi all and welcome to FEBRUARY! Yes. I said it! February!

I'm so excited to have a special project to share with you today. On January 1st I started a special year-long blog series with the amazing Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine called "Old, New, Borrowed, Cool."

The premise is really simple but TONS of fun. Each month on the first of the month I'll be bringing you a new post that incorporates something OLD from my stash, something NEW that I might have just picked up and something BORROWED from wherever I can get it (and let's expand our minds here on this one and see how creative we can get) - to whip together to create something COOL to share with you!

This month I started out creating some adorable accordion ornaments with BasicGrey's brand new Kissing Booth...but once I got started it morphed into something out of my control (at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it)!! Here's a little peek at what I created.

Photobucket
To find out more including full images along with the complete supply list, visit Scrapbook & Cards Today right HERE.

Also because I was a bit missing in action in January, I didn't post my creation for that month which is one of my favorite projects in a while. Here's a small peak at it and you can find out all the details as well as my "official" introduction to the series HERE.
Photobucket

Have a great hump day and enjoy this gorgeous weather. (65 degrees on Feb. 1st?!)

xoxo,
kg

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I saw January's and will run over to see this month's. I just love your work. It is always so inspiring. Can you send that 65 degree up this way?? ;) Actually, I shouldn't complain. We haven't had much really cold weather. Lots of 30's for a month that has alot of single digit and below zero temps.

Michelle said...

Awww... Kel, Carson looks so cute holding your beautiful banner!! I love it. Now I want one just like it! :) It would liven up my entertainment center. ;)

Julie Warner said...

That Kissing Booth paper is so perfect for Valentines Day. And it would look great with anniversary and engagement photos too. Love the dangling heart ornaments!