Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Little December Daily Share + Holiday FUN!

Hello, everyone! Happy 12-12-12!! (The math geek in me is seriously loving today's date!)
I have so much to share with you today so I hope you'll indulge me just a little. I promise at the end there will be a great reward! Or at least something fun for you anyway! 

Today I wanted to put up a little of my December Daily. If you recall, I have/had? great hopes of finally finishing one - after three attempts! I must admit it's not looking good as it's now the 12th and I've only completed through the 5th but it is what it is. I'm going to try and keep plugging along, cross my heart.

Anyhow, after initially starting my album, I revamped it just a bit. I added a bit more sparkle and bling to the spine as well as some shimmer mist that doesn't show up well in photos but is SO gorgeous in real life. I've been loving my Pink Paislee Portfolio album to hold my DD. It is larger than any I have done before and I'm digging the size AND the divided page protectors it comes with. It might just convert me to a project life gal in the new year. 


For the snowflake, I punched several pieces of paper and glued them together with my Xyron, then sprinkled them with glass glitter. The star is covered with red Stickles and the gems are old Heidi Swapp. The little hook at the top was designed by Janet Hopkins and was a Heidi product back in the day. I've had mine since a Creative Escape years ago and have horded it for just the right project to use it on. So glad I had it for this!


I always like to do a little intro with my December Dailys. I especially love white on white so I had fun with the snowflake punches on the left side of the binder as well as stringing them with twine on the right side. The music note paper is BasicGrey Aspen Frost and the other papers/stickers are Echo Park's This & That. (My album is mostly Echo Park this year :))

This is the completed page one spread. The title was cut with my Silhouette (I created it - my first attempt at my own such design!) and I made the envelope myself out of white Bazzill Cardstock.  

  
And by flipping the envelope over, this is the the completed Day 2 page spread.
The envelope contains the story of my boy's favorite tradition (I think you can read it in the photo below) as well as a photo of C during it on the other side. There's more Echo Park here (I love love love that newsprint paper) as well as some BasicGrey alpha stickers and My Mind's Eye washi tape. That yellow stripe is just speaking to me right now!



This is Day 3 and Day 4. More Echo Park with some BasicGrey Aspen Frost and the  snowmen from BasicGrey's holiday line a couple years ago (Jovial - my fave ever!). And if anyone is wondering, the awesome snowflake punch is from EK Success. I love the size of it.
Day 3 features the triumph of me getting the boys' holiday photo and Day 4 the littles and I watched Rudolph on TV. I didn't have any photos of that so I relied on images from the internet to show it. 

And finally Day 5, our holiday parade. For this day, I used the Pink Paislee divided page protectors because I had lots of photos I wanted to show (there is the back of the right page as well filled). I made my favorite Santa photo large and then fitted in the photos I thought told the story best into the dividers. (And I swear there is even a selfie of me and the oldest on the next page!) The large star is old Technique Tuesday chipboard and the black metal "5" is I think old Making Memories.

So enough of that ;) Just a couple more things for you today.
First is the new January/February 2013 (WHAT?!) issue of Creating Keepsakes. It hit the newsstands yesterday and it is a wonderful one!


Here is a link to the online sneak peek where you will find one of my favorite layouts I've done in a while. (There's another little peek below.)

And finally, my amazing friends at Scrapbook and Cards Today are once again doing their 12 days of HOLIDAY GIVING!! I promise, promise, promise you that you don't want to miss it. I've never met more generous people or generous sponsors! And as *I* can't win, I would LOVE it if one of you would! So please, hop on over and check it out HERE!


Have a wonderful 12-12-12!
xo, 
k

7 comments:

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

It's gorgeous!!!Ilove it!!

Sharla said...

Beautiful! Love your pages and all the fun details!!

I haven't even attempted a DD, I know I wouldn't even get the cover done. :/

Lisa Henderson said...

I love your December Daily! It's beautiful! I really hope you finish it!

MNJackson said...

Your work ALWAYS inspires me, thanks for sharing your wonderful talent :)

Dorina D said...

Great work on you daily. Love the Christmas Squirrel story. took a sneak peak at your layout in CK. Its so fun Great job

Tascha said...

Oh I just love your december Daily. So beautiful pages and so many wonderful details! It will be a very special memory!
Have a wonderful day
Tascha

Ruth G said...

I'm loving the colors and textures of your album! Fabulous!!! TFS!