Tuesday, January 01, 2013

OLW: HAPPY New Year!


Hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone!

I don't know about you, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that it's already 2013! I am now the mom to a TEENAGER (gasp - Ethan turned 13 on the 28th!) and I know it's going to go warp speed here on out. So to start the year off right, I wanted to find myself a focus word - that one little word that would be my talisman or reminder all year through about what I wanted/needed to devote my time towards. I need that. Boy, do I need that. (Focus is one of my issues! J) A couple of years ago I picked the word “change.” And trust me it was a year of change. With 2012 being a bit tumultuous for me and my family at the end, I was looking for a word that would both focus and inspire me.
And I finally settled on: HAPPY.

Happy. When I got to thinking about it, it’s what I really wish for most for both me and my family – to be Happy. Once upon a time, many moons ago, I was known for having a sparkling personality. My nickname at one of my very first “grown up” jobs was “Ms. Sunshine.” And while I know that most still think of me that way, the issue is that I don’t think of myself that way. So I want to bring the HAPPY back for 2013! That means (among other things) doing things for ME, surrounding myself with things that inspire, looking for the pretty or the good wherever I can find it. And in this layout, as my first project for 2013, I did just that!  

This project was for my OLD NEW BORROWED COOL Challenge over on the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog. I really hope you'll hop over to learn more about it, the products used and my challenge to do a NON-PHOTO layout or scrap about your OWN one little word.

Here's to a wonderful, HAPPY 2013!
xoxo, 
k.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

love the rays you created! very happy layout!

f said...

woww ! J'adore!