Thursday, June 19, 2008

I love the Birthdays!

That was the official word on the way home late last night when I asked him if he'd had a good day.

My Turner is now a big six-year-old and oh-so-proud of the fact that it takes TWO hands to show you "how many" six really is. ;) While his actual party is Sunday (a Iron Man/Spiderman pool party), we still managed to fill the day with a bunch of fun for a six-year-old activities.

We started with pancakes made by Daddy, followed by a trip to the pool complete with hot dog concessions (his choice, trust me. ha!), then a quick nap before cake and presents. He insisted on a chocolate/chocolate cake with sprinkles and of course, that's what he got. (Check out the cheeks as he blows out those candles!) The day ended with a trip with Jammie and DD (my parents) to see "Iron Man" at the theater. He loved it and apparently it was the deciding factor in determining that he loved "the birthdays!"
I'm so glad you had a wonderful day, my sweet boy, and your mama will try and adjust to the fact that you're getting as big as you are, but have patience with me. I think it's much harder on me than you. xoxo

4 comments:

suzyplant said...

Hi Kelly - cute photos. I agree, six was tough. Five still seemed like a little one, but six killed me. Why do they have to grow up so fast? Do you think you should have another? I would, but I'm TOO old! Happy Birthday! Suzy

Ronda Simpson said...

awwww! Cute photos! My baby turned 6 in January! It was definitley harder for me than her!

Kirsty Wiseman said...

i lubs your blog kelly - I always have and always will.
That is all I have to say.
toodle ooo xx

Susan Weinroth said...

SIX???? no way! happy birthday turner!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)