First, the May issue of 'Just the Basics' is now available. We've been having some difficulty keeping the correct link online as we're changing email services so I wanted to make sure to share it here with you! This issue features the adorable Max & Whiskers line as well as some brand new digital templates we're offering in our BasicGrey digi shop! In fact, the gals that did sketches this month using one of our brand new templates! Here is the one we used this month as well as my layout based on it. You can see I rotated mine a bit and changed it to a single photo to fit my needs!
That photo is of Carson who still loves to pick his mama all the weeds in the yard because they're pretty. :) He'll stop that soon enough so I had to make sure I got it down while I could! :) I used mostly the Green at Heart line here because I'm in love with those oranges and purples. (I NEVER thought I'd say that about purple!)
And speaking of Green at Heart, my friend Andrea is giving away a collection pack of either that or the BasicGrey JuneBug line along with a white Uniball Signo pen and some other BasicGrey goodies to a lucky winner on her blog. Andrea found me on Scrapbook.com ages ago and through Facebook found out that we had mutual friends (NON scrappy related) and then discovered that we live near each other AND went to the same high school (at the same time!) CRAZY small world, isn't it?!! So be sure to give her some love! Simply click this link: HERE, leave her a comment and follow her blog and you'll be entered to win! It's that easy!
I also have to make sure I send a special shout out to Beck Caithness! Beck is a wonderful woman I met in New Zealand when I was teaching at Autumn Escape. She is working tirelessly to raise money for the New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation (a cause near and dear to her and who currently gets no government funding or help at all from The Cancer Society). She is auctioning off a TOTE she hand-made (it's tons of quilted goodness, you all!) to carry your scrap goodies (or anything else you might want to lug around). What's even more special about this tote beyond the fact that it features BasicGrey FABRIC (hee!) is that it also features the signatures of many scrappy people from around the world (me included if you can believe that! Check out who my name is next to ;)) that they personally autographed just for this cause. It's truly special and absolutely beautiful!
Here is an image of this tote:
I told you, right?! And here are the amazing people that have their signature on this bag:
* Ali Edwards (http://aliedwards.typepad.
* Kelly Goree (http://kellygoree.blogspot.
* Claudine Hellmuth (http://claudinehellmuth.
* Kristina Werner (http://www.kwernerdesign.com/
* Jessica Sprague (http://spraguelab.
* Becky Higgins (http://www.beckyhiggins.com/
* Rachel Greig (Darkroom Door) (http://www.rachelgreig.
* Nic Howard (http://nichoward.typepad.com/
* Susan Weinroth (http://susanweinroth.typepad.
* Donna Downey (http://donnadowney.typepad..
* Rachel Tucker (http://www.rtscraps.typepad.
* Jennifer McGuire (http://jennifermcguireink.
* Tim Holtz (http://www.timholtz.typepad.
* Stephen and Carolyn Kaiser (Kaisercraft) (http://www.kaisercraft.net/)
* Jenni Bowlin (http://jennibowlin.blogspot.
* Trina McClune (http://www.trinamcclune.
* Teresa Collins (http://teresacollins.typepad.
* Becky Fleck (http://www.pagemaps.com/blog.
* Jill Geraghty-Groves (http://jillgg.typepad.com/)
* Tamar Bostock (http://www.tarisota.com.au/)
So to make this bag your own, here's what you need to do:Visit Beck's site at Crop for a Cause 2010 and purchase some tickets. They are Tickets will be $4 each, or three tickets for $10. (Keep in mind this is NZD - New Zealand Dollars - so the exchange rate will be slightly ifferent for those of you not in NZ). Good luck to you all and the lucky winner better send me a picture of herself using this bag!!
One last thing! BasicGrey is trying to reach 5,000 Facebook fans! We're almost there and as soon as we get there, we're holding a drawing for 5 of our random friends to win a $25 gift certificate to BasicGrey.com! How fun is that! So if you haven't signed up as our friend on Facebook, click this link (or the one on my sidebar) and get in on the fun! Not only do you have a chance to win some GC's, but all kinds of fun updates are posted to the page weekly if not daily! It's a great source of info!
You all have a wonderful (and busy) Monday!