Friday, June 11, 2010

"Just the Basics" - June edition

Hello, everyone! I hope you're having a fantastic Friday!

I have a few things to share with you today, the first being that our June edition of BasicGrey's "Just the Basics" is now available for your viewing pleasure. :) Simply click here or if you prefer, you can get the newsletter directly to your inbox starting next month. To do that, either visit our Facebook page and click the "Newsletter!" tab or visit our website and sign up there. Any back issues you've missed can also be accessed at our website via the link provided.

This month we featured the gorgeous wedding-inspired line, Cappella. But I want to show you that it doesn't just have to be limited to weddings or special occassions. For my sketch, I used it to scrap Turner's 1-year smash cake portraits. I love how this line looks with black & white photos. So very rich!

Here's my Layout:
Photobucket
Supplies: BasicGrey Cappella, Bling it on, Element Stickers, Mini Mono Stickers, Micro Mono stickers, Lace doilies, and chip sticker shapes; Pentel pen.

And the BasicGrey Digital template it was based on. There are about 15-20 digi templates in our digital section and they're awesome. We even include a tutorial in BGTV for those of you new to using templates.
Photobucket

I also wanted to put out there that my friends at Bazzill have let me know that they still have some spaces available for this year's Creative Escape. By visiting www.creativeescapeaz.com it is easy to find out info about the event and how to sign up. They have some absolutely spectacular teachers, fabulous projects, unbelievable sponsors, delicious food, wonderful surprises, and really good times. As a past teacher, I can tell you that this is an experience of a lifetime! You'll love every minute and I do hope they'll see you there! :)

And last but not least, I'll be teaching locally this weekend and there are still a few spots available. If you're in the Louisville/Lexington/Frankfort area in Kentucky, I hope you'll come join us at Memories ala Mode - the best little LSS around! You can contact the store at (502) 695-3477. Tonight's class is a Boy's Triple Double - three double-paged boy-themed layouts featuring BasicGrey's Max & Whiskers. Tomorrow is an all-occasion card class and an all-about-me mini album class!

Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo,
k.

9 comments:

Vicki said...

This is a fabulous LO, Kelly! These papers DO look awesome. What a cutie!

Kelly Massman said...

DARLING layout!

GabyCreates.com said...

This is so cute!!! I love the Capella collection. I have bought several items... on my way to see if I have all required items to scraplift!!!

kim.mom said...

LOVE this LO!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I used to live in Lexington...which I could join you guys!

Sasha Holloway said...

these are lovely .. and I might have to try that sketch. I finally was able to pick up some papers from the local LSS here .. things are so expensive across the water ..

Ordered some BG Basics too .. cannot wait to play.

Unknown said...

Very nice, Kelly!

I love the softness of the colors and textures here.

Great work, as usual :-)

Elisabeth Helland said...

aah, how nice, a really wonderful choice of colors, and a beautiful LO you made out of the sketch.....nice..

Steph said...

FYI, I tried to visit the site for Creative Escape and got a big ol red warning message from my anti-virus software! The site is considered "unsafe!" I just thought you, kelly, might want to let the Bazzill your friends know that people might be trying to sign up, but are afraid to go on the site.

Kelly Goree Photography said...

Thanks for sharing that with me, Steph. I just went out and checked the link myself and didn't get a notification at all from mine. It goes directly to the CE website. I'm sorry that came up for you. I'll definitely let them know, however.
k.