Thursday, April 28, 2011

Studio Calico LAWN PARTY Reveal!!!

YAY!!
Studio Calico's LAWN PARTY was revealed last night! I hope you got in on it and that all the beautiful goodies will be coming to your doorstep soon!
Here's the reveal of the layout that I did with this month's main kit. I've been playing along with Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook 3 class this past month and this layout was based on one of her fab sketches.
Photobucket
I loved being able to fit so many photos on one page. It was a perfect way to showcase my photo a day from April last year. And that number stamp?? It's an SC exclusive and it alone sold me on this kit! I heart it so much. I used a light grey ink and clear embossed it along the side. But then I wanted to highlight the "4" for the month of April so I stamped it again on the dotted paper and embossed it with American Craft's white ZING powder (that stuff is awesome!). Then I simply cut it out and added it over the original 4. It was super easy and a really fun technique.

OH! And speaking of the fab Ms. KP, can you find her on this layout? It's like finding the hidden Mickey, but she's there, I swear! ;)

Thanks again to April for letting me play along and if you weren't up for last night's reveal, hop over to Studio Calico now and grab you up a kit!

Have a great day!
xo,
k.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! And we had the same vision with this sketch - I did something similar... but I love your details here. I wish I had your crafty eye!

Anya said...

Kelly, you are just AMAZING! Everything you do is perfect. Love layouts with lots of photos!

Lisa VanderVeen said...

OMG I LOVE THIS!!! It's totally outside the box for you and it's FAB!!!

Donna Jannuzzi said...

This is so beautiful. I love how you use color Kelly. Amazing really.

katsky said...

Totally beautiful!