Saturday, May 04, 2013

HELLO, everyone!!

Happy National SCRAPBOOKING Day (and Derby Day, too, to my Kentucky friends!)! I'm so excited to be here with you today on the blog as well as with the amazing ladies at Crop & Create - Burnaby! We have been having such an incredible time and learning so much and eating tons of chocolate...it's been a perfect weekend - weather included! I totally HEART VANCOUVER!

But since we couldn't all actually be together today, we have cyberly (do you like that one?) gotten together over at the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog for tons of inspirational posts, tons of prizes and even more good times!


The post I get to share with you is a PageMaps inspirational post. My challenge was to grab a PageMaps sketch from Scrapbook & Cards Today's Spring 2013 issue and create a new project with it. 
Those of you that know me even a little know how much I love Becky and her sketches, so I was all over this one. And here is the fun sketch I picked:

SCT_bonus_sketch_spring_2013_8x11single

I had just gotten some of the wonderful new Fancy Pants Trendsetter line and wanted to put it to work. The papers were so fun that this project almost scrapbooked itself. And yes, I know I can't seem to get away from my framing in a page and those stars. What can I say, I like what I like ;)


Supplies: Fancy Pants Trendsetter Patterned paper, alpha stickers, stickers; PageMaps for Spellbinders die; Colorbox ink; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L; BasicGrey alpha stickers; Fiskars star punches.



And finally a look at the sketch I used (lower left) and my layout side by side. You can see that I almost took this sketch exactly as it was. That's perfectly okay! There's no reason to reinvent the wheel if you don't want to. Sketches are such a perfect way to jump start your creativity and inspiration.

Please stop by the SCT blog all day today for more inspiration and PRIZES! My hour they are giving away an amazing prize pack from FANCY PANTS featuring TRENDSETTER - the very line I used for this layou! Whoot!

Have a wonderful day!

xoxo, 
k

No comments: