Monday, May 06, 2013

May PageMaps + BG Album WINNER

Hello, all!

In the craze that has been both Crop & Create - Burnaby (SO amazing) and National Scrapbooking Day (equally amazing), my PageMaps post had been put a bit on the back burner! But now that I have returned home from the most incredible weekend, I wanted to fix that really quickly...


This was the fun sketch I got to do this month. I really loved how the elements went right across the page and gave them all the focus. I had some American Crafts Studio Calico Here & There in my stash that I have been itching to use and this sketch gave me the perfect excuse. 



The backstory is this:
Last August we (my family) rescued the most adorable chocolate lab. He was around a year old and seriously the sweetest dog ever. He was very timid and had visual cues of the abuse he had taken (I so wish I could get my hands on whoever did it to him), but he absolutely flourished under the love of 3 energetic boys (and my husband and I too :)). Not long after we had him, we took him on a Boy Scout canoe trip. It was his first real family outing and his first time at the water and you would have thought he had died and gone to heaven. He was sooooo excited!

It wasn't long before the boys discovered a rope swing along the river. Everyone got out and took turns jumping off the swing and making splashes. The dog who was running along the bank went crazy! He couldn't stand to see his boys out there in the water and one by one he started bringing them back to shore. I couldn't believe it. We really knew he had become "ours" that day.

This photo below captures Scout rescuing Carson and tells the same story. :)


Supplies: American Crafts/Studio Calico Here & There patterned paper, diecuts, stickers, brads; PageMaps for Spellbinders pennant dies, bracket die & border die; BasicGrey alpha stickers; BoBunny carstock; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L; Zig pen; Silhouette electronic cutter; toothpicks.



So speaking of PageMaps - this month is PageMaps' 7th Anniversary! Can you believe it?! All month long there will be fun things going on over on the blog & site and you won't want to miss it! I promise oodles of inspiration and PRIZES!!! (I'll be posting on the 17th with a fab BasicGrey prize!)

And one more thing before I go - the winner of the fabulous BASICGREY ALBUM BUNDLE is KATHERINE (Sutty)! Katherine, please email me at kellyDOTGoreeATGmailDOTcom to claim your prize! Thank you to all who entered! 
xoxo, 
k

4 comments:

Tracey said...

Loving your take on the sketch!! Looks fabulous!!

Debbie said...

Stunning page layout Kelly. I adore those dash cirles, do you do them freehand or with a tool of some sort. Just love that sketch and hope to try it. Gorgeous picture and layout. Debbiex

Ciacchina said...

Congratulazioni! A te e alla vincitrice ;-)

Cori Kozak said...

Fabulous layout and what a sweet story!! :)