Well my internet is down and I'm checking in at a Wi-fi hot spot so I'm not going to be able to post the layouts I was hoping to. Instead, I'm about to entertain you with useless trivia about me - everything you've always wanted to know and then some. If you read this, consider yourself "tagged" and I'd love to see your own list. They're always so fascinating!
So here we go:
1. I am from Kentucky - Louisville, even - but I've never been to the Kentucky Derby. I've been close...but then it decided to hail on us on the way there and we thought better of it. Crazy, I know.
2. Also being from Kentucky (and as any pre-teen girl will tell you), it was a prerequisite to love horses. I did (and still do) and rode/showed them for several years...and it was probably the one sport that I had a lot of talent at. Sadly my parents didn't want to own a horse so that was the end of my riding career.
3. I can wink with both eyes. No, I don't mean "blink." I can do each eye one at a time.
4. I taught dance (tap, jazz and ballet) to little girls 3-8 years old to have spending money throughout college. It was a good thing I got my girl fix in then as now I'm the mom to three little boys who would vehemently object to me putting them in tutus and tights. (Ok, not the tights. Superheroes DO wear tights.)
5. I have to sleep with a cover of some sort over me at night even in the hottest of summers. It's some kind of throwback to childhood when I used to think blankets would protect me from monsters! :)
6. I have an addition to McDonald's Diet Coke. Seriously. It's worse than any drug.
7. Because a friend of mine just reminded me of this, I cut my arm wide open with an x-acto knife during my senior year of college in a sculpture class (I was a Fine Art major). The ambulance came but I freaked out and refused it! so a classmate drove me to the ER where I had to get oodles of stitches. It's pretty ironic considering what I do for a living now.
8. I am an only child and because of that, I was determined to have at least two children. My plan when I was younger (like middle school - yes, we girls think of those things even back then!) was to have three boys. God has a sense of humor and gave me exactly what I wanted.
9. I’m double jointed in my left thumb. Just that joint only. No others. I have yet to figure out something useful to do with it.
10. I prefer not to drive. Not that I'm a bad driver, but I think because I'd rather sit in the passenger seat and harass the person who *is* driving.
11. I used to love to talk on the phone, but a few years as a receptionist cured that.
12. I have been to Mardi Gras and partook (is that a word?!) in all the festivities. ALL. THE. FESTIVITIES. 'Nuff said.
13. I was engaged once before I met my husband.
14. My driver's license says I'm 5'1, but it's really more like 5' 1/2". Some people lie about their age. For me, it’s this. Ahem.
15. I used to want to be a teacher even though my favorite teacher ever (Mrs. Pearman in 4th grade) told me I shouldn't. (Only because teachers were under appreciated, not because of me personally. Swear.) I even had a year invested into my Masters in Education before I realized it wasn't my calling. Trust me when I say children everywhere rejoiced.
16. In 2nd grade, I tried to forge my father's beautiful signature on poorly done homework assignments by writing "BILL" at the top of them in pencil. I thought I did really well and was shocked (and severely punished) when I got caught!
17. I am incredibly sentimental and love a good romantic story. I'm a sucker for movies like "50 First Dates", "Love Actually", "The Notebook" and "Gone with the Wind."
(This is starting to get hard!)
18. I know all 44 presidents of the United States - IN ORDER - but only if I sing them because of the "Presidential Song" I learned in 4th grade. Useless trivia put to music I can retain, other stuff, not so much. I'd list them here, but you'd think I copied it from somewhere. But next time you meet me, just ask and I'll prove it.
19. I use "smilies", extra punctuation and parenthesis altogether too much when typing emails or notes but I can't quite seem to help myself. :) (see?!)
20. I love photography and treasure photographs, but when I was a child, I had a hard time looking at pictures of people who had passed away. It completely creeped me out.
21. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving because I still get to be around and enjoy family and friends without the commercial stress of Christmas. Ok, that's not completely true. My favorite holiday is really Halloween because it's right before my birthday and kicks off my “party week.” I can admit it.
22. I tend to block out my most embarrassing moments like they never happened but my friends don't seem to suffer from the same affliction. They love to remind me of them at the worst. possible. times.
23. I cried hysterically the night before my second son was born because I just couldn't imagine how I would love another child as much as I loved my first, but the moment I saw his face, I knew.
24. My biggest sadness in this life is that my dad never had the opportunity to hold one of his grandchildren. I'd have given anything to have that happen.
25. My parents had decided to name me "Heather Leigh" but somehow while my mom was still knocked out from her c-section, my dad thought "Kelly Lyn" sounded better.