Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I love you, YR


It was 20 years ago yesterday that I met my best friend, Ann Marie. I'm sitting here chuckling as I type that because 20 years seems like such an long time but when I add that we actually met as freshman in college, well....uh...yeah. I feel old!

She is by far one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I had no idea the impact this tall, northern, polka dot-wearing, curly haired woman would have on my life when she walked into my very southern country-duck decorated (no lie!) dorm room mid-way through my freshman year. In that instant my life changed - for the better - forever.

She is my confidant, my therapist, my fashion and beauty adviser, my fortune-teller, my sounding board, my fellow resident of Norman Rockwellville, my best friend in the entire world.

I love you to pieces, Ann Marie. Happy Anniversary!

Always,
YR
(p.s. Photobooth photos circa 1997 when we were both really cute ;))

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh - how sweet!!! Where did you ever find those pics of us? And more importantly, why haven't they been destroyed??? Happy 20 Year Paliversary, Roomie! All my love from Normal Rockewellville.

Love,
YR

P.S. - Thanks for not mentioning our first true thoughts of each other....that I was a brace faced, acne ridden, big haired, "wicked" saying freak in the eyes of big boobed, big hair bowed, bleach blonde, "y'all" saying you. Opposites do it attract and become the best of friends. I love you to pieces- AM

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

dude...those photobooth pictures are hot! Check the hair! Love it!!!

L

Kelly Goree Photography said...

AB, you TRULY had to ask why those were never destroyed??? Seriously, those are probably the best pics we ever had taken together (lest you forget always squatting down to be on my "level?" ;))

Just me... said...

Great to see long-time friends - it seems rare these days!! On a side note - how can I get a color version of the instructions to the BG valentine card kit - I know you helped out with the BG calendar kit....Any help would be great! Thanks...

Anonymous said...

You my dear are still really cute!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know in your honor...I raised a cup of hot tea (w/ milk & sugar ofcourse) and made a toast. It went something like this...
"Here's to "un-birthdays", Campbell Soup kids, Angela Lansbury, hand written letters, long distance phone calls, smart food, first day ragging blues, the february funk, Bon Jovi babies, Norman Rockwellville, Judith Betty Jane, retail therapy, and to the sister I never had, my roomie."

Crop and Cruise said...

LOVE the photos!!!!!
Leica

Kathy Martin said...

Fun photos! What a special friendship! :) Kathy

Katie Watson said...

You are very lucky...it's hard to find and keep a best friend. I can see that you cherish her. Good for both of you!

sandra said...

awwwh, this is sweet