Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Teaching

Hi all!

I promised more updates and I'm trying to live up to that claim! It's easy when you have something you really want to share. Some of you may have noticed on my sidebar (to the right) that I have a lot (to me!) of upcoming travel dates. Some exciting things have been happening at BasicGrey and one of them is that we are now doing the Scrapbook Expo circuit! YAY!

So beginning with the San Diego Expo in May (where you'll get both of us! A two-fer!) until the end of the year, either the awesome Becky Fleck or I will be teaching at these events for BasicGrey! Becky and I have been working hard to make these some knock-out classes (there will be four different ones offered per show)and we're excited to share them. I really hope you'll come out and join us if the show comes to a location near you! I think you'll be glad you did! (I have to put out a disclaimer that unfortunately this will not include the Santa Clara Expo as we both already had conflicts with that event. I apologize to those in the SC area.)

Additionally, I'll be traveling to more local scrapbook stores as I can to do weekend sessions. The first one for this year is coming up next weekend (March 14th & 15th). It's at Scrapbook Cafe in Tuckerton, NJ (on the Jersey Shore) run by Angela, one of the nicest gals ever! I'm pleased to be offering two classes while I'm there - a "Love Notes" mini album class featuring BasicGrey's Porcelain collection (offered both Saturday and Sunday) and a double-page layout class featuring BasicGrey's Marrakech called "Now & Forever" on Saturday. I'm so excited to be there as I've never been to the Jersey shore AND I get to see my best friend who just happens to live in Tuckerton. She's not a scrapbooker - yet - but I'm hoping this trip might convince her! ;)
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
For all the details, please contact Angela at scrapbookcafe2@yahoo.com or visit her website at http://www.scrapbookcafenj.com/. I hope those of you in the area will come and join us for an amazing day of scrapping! :)

19 comments:

nicole said...

Hi Kelly, I saw that you will be teaching in Orlando, FL in may, I am so excited! I saw that registration will begin March 20, any idea which day or both you will be teaching and what time? Thank You

Kelly Goree Photography said...

Hi Nicole!

I believe I will be teaching both days (4 classes each day) but unfortunately I get the exact schedule when you do - when it goes up on site :)

Hope you can make it!

yyam said...

Love the Love Notes album Kelly!

Rachel Carlson said...

i'm so proud of you kelly. wish i could see you again sweet girl. safe travels and enjoy! xoxo, rach

Linda said...

Hi Kelly
Doesn't the sound of a class in Australia sound nice? Or maybe one day I will get there to go to one of your classes.
Love your blog. Thanks
Linda

Teri said...

Hi Kelly! I signed up for both classes at Tuckerton on Saturday, can't wait!!! Love the Lovenotes mini album!
Teri in NJ

wendy said...

I love what you have done with the lettering...the doodling adds such a nice touch :)

Lynn Ghahary said...

OMGosh! I can't believe you're coming to NJ next week and I won't be able to make it to your classes. Wah! It just so happens we have birthday parties to attend on both days. So not fair! <--- yes this is a 30-something yr old woman throwing a hissy fit! LOL Hope to see you at the Scrapbook Expo in August though when you come back to this area.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be in Orlando, and I'm so looking foward to taking one of your classes!!!!! I was wondering if it was going to be just card classes or will you be doing a mini book one too?

elizabeth kartchner said...

those are so cute!! :)

wish I could come take your class!


tfs

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! I'm so glad Basic Grey will be part of the Scrapbook Expo line-up!! The Chicago (St.Charles) event is a "backdoor" event for me and may be the only "event" I can swing this year - airfare, hotel, rental car, etc are unreachable this year but Scrapbook Expo is totally DO-ABLE! Will we see you or Becky in Chicago? And 4 classes?? DOUBLE WooHoo!! I'm hoping to take them all!

Kelly Goree Photography said...

Hi Michelle - Becky will be the one in Chicago unless something changes :)

Anonymous - We have layout, card and mini album classes all planned for Expo.

Can't wait to meet you, Teri! (Sorry you can't make it, Lynn!)

Marla said...

What great products. I have just recently fallen in love with Basic Greys beautiful papers. I dont think there are any classes near me but I love your projects with this amazing papers.

Susan Lepore said...

Hi Kelly, looking forward to your Lime Rickey mini-album at the Orlando SB Expo! And congrats on your layout making the cover of Creating Keepsakes' April issue! So pretty.

melita said...

oh no! you aren't going to be at the SC Expo!!! That's 10 minutes from my house! What a bummer =( I would so love to have taken that class!

Heather said...

Thanks sooo much for the great class on Sunday! I really enjoyed it! Love the mini we did!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kelly
Do you ever get to Alabama. I love this mini album. Is it a kit?

Kelly Goree Photography said...

Hi Pamela!

Unfortunately, the nearest I'm scheduled to Alabama is when I'll be at Scrapbook Expo in Duluth.

Thank you for your compliments on my mini album. This is currently not a kit, but might be at some point in the future :)

k.

twinsand2boys said...

I wish you couldve been at the one in Salt Lake City last week. I bought tons of stuff from BG and wouldve loved to have taken a class! Will you be at the one in the fall?