Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Confession of an OBSESSION

(And no, this time it's NOT scrapping-related! Ok, well it *is*, but it's not. ;))

It is time I come out and let the world know that I have finally realized I have a problem. Because that's the first step, right? And I can't do it alone. I need to belong to MA. McDonald's Anonymous. And it's not because of their incredible fries, though I love those, too.
I, Kelly Goree, am a McDonald's Diet Coke junkie.

There. I said it.

And it's true. I live for my daily cup of that incredibly potent caffeine. There is just something about a McDonald's fountain Diet Coke that is unlike any other. I don't know what it is and I don't care. I just know I love it. And I know that I really need to part ways with it. It's not doing me or my waistline any good. With your help, I am going to enter this 12-step recovery program to cut that liquid heaven out of my life. Today. Truly. This time it's for real! (Are you believing me??!)

So as tribute to my past, I offer up this layout - my entry into the Effer Girls' Last Scrapper
Standing Contest, Round 2. Oh Yes. I have a McObsession. ;)
(p.s. Is anyone else finding it somewhat foreboding that there are 13 photos on this layout??! Not that I'm superstitious or anything...)

19 comments:

Kimber McGray said...

oh my kelly! my friend and I talked about this 'issue' last year.

we think it's the xl straw. LOL.

good luck!

Anonymous said...

This is hysterical!!! Love this LO - 13 photos and all :)

Anonymous said...

Too funny. After the birth of each of my 3 kids, my sister brought me a large McD Diet Coke to the hospital...it's simply the best. It's my one naughty habit that I refuse to give up..well, that and Starbucks..LOL

Anonymous said...

i am LAUGHING MY BUTT OFF!!
i love that picture of you..LOL

Anonymous said...

I have often heard that, but I don't like coke! LOL

Anonymous said...

You are way too funny! Goodluck with cutting yourself off. Loving the LO!

Tracey Kendall said...

kelly ....l saw this today posted on two peas and loved it. Your sense of design is awesome. If anyone asked me who my favorite scrapper is....your name is at the very top. I love your work. i to am obsession with diet coke. TFS!

Unknown said...

hahaha! Too funny!!
I love your layout!!

Lorrie said...

LOL! Seems lots of people like McD's diet cokes! I love the lo - and 13 photos is kind of forboding huh? lol.

Chrissy King said...

OK, I can so relate. I often leave the house just to go to McD's for a diet coke. It is the best out there!! I tell my sister it is the "burn" and she laughs hysterically at me. But really--McD's diet coke is better--stornger--more burn! I think I may need help also. :o)

Anonymous said...

I thought I was all alone in my addition to fountain diet Pops. I love McDonald's but I also enjoy Tim Hortons and Wendy's for a Diet Pepsi. Burger King, the cup just does not work for me after about 15 minutes I taste the "cup" while drinking it. My family thinks my I am a freak for fountain pops and i get teased by everyone. I too have an obsession. Could be worse, I could be an acholic!

Roxy Roller said...

You are so cute! Love this layout!

Anonymous said...

LAUGHING lots over here! What a great layout and tribute to your weakness (I have a friend who shares your addiction and it's a serious thing...nothing to snort at...heh-heh)! Cheers and a coke!

Unknown said...

WOW!! That is way too cute!! love your layout Kelly! ~Dawn

Missy said...

ok. I LOVE THAT PAGE.
And you can never ever go wrong with a mcd's fountain pop!!

Anonymous said...

I love this..you are too funny,,,I'm sure there is alot of us that could make a layout with something we need to give up...Maybe I will do that...Thanks Kelly..

Anonymous said...

great layout kelly!!

Jana said...

Hey, at least you like the DIET Coke, not the regular full-on sugar filled Coke like I do!! Great LO BTW, love it that you have all of those photos on there but yet it doesn't seem like they're all on there. Well done!!!

Just Say Julie said...

what a fun layout! love what you did here!