Thursday, August 24, 2006

For Joanna....I present to you...

Friday's Frog...;) (ok, actually it was Thursday's, but humor me a little!)
I can't tell you why exactly, but ever since he was teeny,my Carson has been associated with frogs and the color green. Perhaps it's his red hair and fiery blue eyes that did it, I'm just not sure. But I can tell you Carson's two most favorite things ever...have both been frogs. His first one was this wee little frog head on top of a little security blanket. He carried that thing around until he was 18 months old....
and then we lost it.
It was hard to tell who was more heartbroken, me or him. I loved him carrying around that ratty old frog - it was a such a sweet symbol of his babyhood and as he is my last baby, I cherished that as much as he did. I always meant to get a picture of him with that frog, but even though it was his constant companion the first year and 1/2 of his life, I think I have maybe one.

There's no telling how many frogs came and went from that time a year and a 1/2 ago til now. None could quite compare....that is until one day when Mama found favorite frog #2. This particular frog was a full stuffed frog unlike the other, yet it had the same floppy characteristics, the same softness. He loves to hold it by the eyes and feel the smooth glassy like surface beneath his thumbs. And from the moment that toy was put in his arms, he has hardly put it down.

Ribbit (I know it's an original name, eh? ;)) has seen his share abuse at the hands of my son. He's been kicked, thrown, hugged, puked on, stepped on, dropped - you name it, it's happened. But I can promise him this...if the daily kisses he also gets my little prince, he'll forever be real at this house.

10 comments:

Shirley said...

Awwwww, those pictures are too sweet!!!

Unknown said...

seriously... SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, he's such a sweetheart!!! HOw adorable!

Tracey Odachowski said...

Besides cracking up over the frog, I have to say...AWWWWWWWWW! What darling photos!

RACHEL =) said...

OH MY GOSH Kelly!! Those are the most adorable pictures!! What a little cutie! So sweet!!! :)

Jana said...

How sweet! My youngest has a Ty stuffed bull that he's carried around since he was a baby. He's now 8 and he STILL sleeps with it every night.....that bull has some serious mileage on it but I'm all for security & comfort items for kids!

Davinie Fiero said...

This is the most adorable thing. Ever. Such cute photos, and you MUST use that journaling when you scrap those pics. So sweet.

Unknown said...

HOW ADORABLE!! great pics Kelly! ~Dawn

Anonymous said...

Cuuuute pic! My son has the exact same frog and sleeps with it every night! He's never been interested in blankies, stuffed animals, etc. until this one... there's just something about this froggie!

Joanna Bolick said...

How did I miss this before?? Totally cute, Kelly!!! : )