Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just a little More BG Goodness

Ok, I forgot to mention that along with the awesome new paperlines we put out, there are a few other things that
I.
have.
to.
mention.

Let's start with FABRIC!

Oh, yes, that's right - finally, finally, finally, BasicGrey is now available in fabric. We've partnered up with MODA (the premier textile company) to produce some amazing fabrics featuring the URBAN COUTURE (note - the older Urban line, not Urban Prairie). To see more of it or order it direct, please go to ModaFabrics.com and search for BasicGrey or follow this direct link.

Also! (oh yes, there's more) - we've released some fabulous new chipboard including two microchip fonts available in white chocolate chip, milk chocolate chip and dark chocolate chip (um, that would be white, brown and black accordingly!). It's absolutely amazing to add with the new chipboard ALBUMS that were released. One of my favorite shapes is this "Lotus" shape - very floral-y and so fun to play with. I did this one out of Urban Prairie for our little neighbor/babysitter. Can you tell it's my favorite line?? SO fun! The best part are there are no rough edges to work with so no painting or inking needed! Here's a little peek at that...



And finally I have to show this photo and it completely cracks me up. I posted before about T's LO being on the cover of Scrapbooking & Beyond's summer issue. On the last day of the show, Jane Beard, the editor, stopped by to tell me that I could have the poster of the cover shown in their booth if I wanted it. WHAT? What poster??? So I had to run and look. CHECK THIS BAD BOY OUT! Have you ever seen anything so huge??? HA! Needless to say, I didn't take it back with me due to size (and the fact that having my son's head larger than mine kinda freaked me out), but it was awesome to see! (Thanks to Ms. Kayla Aimee who sweetly volunteered to take this photo as she was walking by!)

27 comments:

kristina proffitt said...

That album is GORGEOUS, Kelly! Wow! Love it! Gonna have to stock up on that Urban Prairie line!! LOVE it! Yay for fabric, too! Yummy! Hope you have a great day! Hugs!

Jenna Franklin said...

Oh how fun! Hmmm, but where would you put something that big, lol!

It was nice getting to finally meet you for that fleeting moment at the Pea Social! :)

denine zielinski said...

Holy Poster, Kelly! That thing is HUGE! Look how stinkin' cute you are, too!

Love the fabric, BTW...I so need some of that!

TiteC said...

OMG fabric !! can't believe it !!

that IS a good idea!

Sophie

Leah said...

Oh my word! That poster is huge!
Love the mini!

Heather said...

love the album, but I'm totally cracking up at that picture! ha!

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing all your new stuff!!! The fabric is FANTASTIC!

Rebecca

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

um, yea, i. need. that. right. now!

Congrats on that huge picture! :) FUN!

L

Janet O. said...

HEY! It was great actually getting to TALK to you this time (LOL) though I wish I'd been around Saturday night - I hear some major fun was had! :D :D :D

I want some of that fabric too - it will be perfect in my bedroom. Hmmmm....

Anonymous said...

Love that little album! tooo cute! Wow, that is a huge poster! Loved the photo of you beside it!

lisa truesdell said...

dang. that giant cover rocks!!!

Catherine said...

Wow, I'm speechless! That album is absolutely stunning! Fantastic job! So glad I found your blog (through comments you left in my gallery at sb.com)

Anonymous said...

oh wow.
bg fabrics.
oh wow.
gorgeous book and i love the poster size cover :)

Katrina said...

that is one LARGE poster! love those fabrics!

Jennifer Davis said...

Oh wow, this is AMAZING news! I can't wait to get my hands on some of that fabric, yum! Thanks for sharing the link!

Unknown said...

OMG!!!! Kelly!!! Fabric?!?!?!?! Can you see me jumping up and down right now!!!!! I am always looking for a way to make quilts look modern and not country. I can SOOO see a BG quilt in my future!

You mini album is absolutely gorgeous!

You look great with your cover shot!

Norma Kennedy said...

Beautiful Album and Im cracking up at that HUGE poster.... How cool though !!!!! Luv the BG fabric as well !
Hugs, Norma

Maggie Lamarre said...

Collecting fabric is another obsession of mine :)
Will they be available at Joann's?
Maggie

MireiaKDS said...

wow kelly!!!!!!

I love this Album!! AWESOME JOB!!!!!!

thanks so much for all!!

mireia

Janine Wahl said...

Ok, here I am popping into say howdy and a note to say, I was thrilled to see you and briefly chat.

I know it is corny to say so, but thank you for the thank you, LOL. That really made my day.

I love the new papers Kelly, and the fabric is a great addition. So many fun things to try at BG!

And you better be coming back here!

http://angeladaniels.squarespace.com/ said...

Holy COW. I have a really NICE pair of scissors to give to anyone willing to make me a skirt... Candy? I have about $5 in change in my purse... dang it all- why can't I SEW?!!?

Anonymous said...

So awesome, Kelly!!
DawnT

Stacy Perrus said...

Loving the fabric idea! I'm getting ready to redo the nursery into a guest room (a.k.a my scraproom) and was totally inspired by the new Urban Prairie line. Any chances of that turning up as fabric any time soon? ;-)

Jennifer Priest said...

Wow--congrats on the cover!! Love the new fabric coming out--so cool!

JJ Sobey said...

FABRIC??!??!?!

O!
M!
G!

Now I am in HEAVEN!

Unknown said...

Now THAT is what I am TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG! FABRIC?!!! are you kidding me? I'm going to faint.......

love your blog, Kelly! :)