Monday, October 20, 2008

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL??!!

The absentee blogger strikes again! Good grief. I swear I have good reason. Well, reason anyway. We've been crazy busy here between the pumpkin patching, field tripping, boy scouting, school activity-ing and then some. Seriously, how do most parents get everything done? I even work from home and I feel like I'm chasing the rabbit most days. Anyone? Anyone?!

But the biggest sucker-of-timer we've got going on right now is FOOTBALL!! I have to admit I love it. It's so fun to go to these games and practices and see these kids play their heart out and absolutely love it. Ethan has a real passion for the game and lives for his time out on the field. And surprisingly (given he has the parents he does!) he's really, really good at it.

Sunday was our last game of the season and we were all pumped up for it. At the start of the game, Ethan's team was 5-0 - the only undefeated team in the league - so the other team (the Cardinals) were gunning for us.

We decided to get the family hyped up for this big matchup, so with the help of some $1 Halloween hair paint from the Wal-marts ;) we showed our team colors. And please note when I say "We" I use that term realllly loosely. I totally mean them! We had skunk stripes, half and half hair - the works. It was a hoot. Sadly the littles managed to get most of it out before the game actually started, but it was cute anyway.

The game was amazing. Both teams were playing so hard. Ethan played both offense and defense during this game and had some incredible blocks and a quarterback sack. In the end, our Colts prevailed and ended up with an undefeated season. Playoffs will start this weekend so hopefully we won't see the end of football for a bit longer!

And I know I've said it before when it comes to baseball, but I wanted to say it again here. My absolute favorite part of the game is when the kids line up to say "good game" at the end of each meeting. It's such a great show of sportsmanship and it makes me smile everytime. But in football, it's even better. After a game is over, both teams are huddled up together in a unit - as one - and the coaches from both teams tell them how proud they are and what they did well in the game. Then one of the players (this age group is 8-10) leads both teams in a prayer. It does my heart good and I'd be lying if i said it didn't choke me up. This picture of my son (E is #14) and his 3rd grade classmates, Jason, is just one of the reasons why.

I was so inspired, I came home and scrapped this photo from LAST season that I've had sitting on my desk for a year! Hey, at least it's done now! ;) Have a great week!

Supplies: Bazzill Cardstock, KI Memories (Love, Elsie) pp, Heidi Swapp Chipboard Stars, Uniball Pen, Clearsnap (Colorbox) chalk ink

10 comments:

Kelli said...

Great shots!
Love the layout!

Scrappycath said...

Know exactly what you mean about time being socked up by all the activities. Football being the biggest gobbler of time right now in our house too!

Really like how the 2 teams come together at the end of the game. That's teaching the kids (and all the spectators too) some great life-lessons.

Great photos and the layout looks fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm working on a page today with the same title as your post :) thought I'd procrastinate a little & pop over here..that's my biggest time-sucker - this dang computer!

Alex S. said...

Love the layout!! You must be a great Mom...your whole heart is in your family's activities!!

Anonymous said...

Phenomenal page sistergirl, as always :) Smooches.

Sasha Farina said...

that photo got me choked up too... awww

Anonymous said...

Your boys are getting so BIG Kelly!
Great layout :)

Kristy said...

Wow love the pictures except Football over here in Australia is so different but they still run with a Ball :) I cant wait for my little man to be able to play footy!!!!

AmyInKy said...

LOVE your "Legends" LO - that is great!

Blogger said...

Get daily ideas and instructions for generating $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT