Tuesday, December 13, 2011

On the 13th Day of December...

...I have a bit more of my December Daily to share.

I'm not quite 100% caught up so those of you that are - HUSH! ;) I still have day 11 - which for some reason I forgot to take photos for so I'll need to be creative - and day 12 but I'm still farther than I got last year so I'm looking at that as an achievement in itself!

So without further ado, here's Day 7 and Day 8.
Day 7 talks about Pearl Harbor. It was the 70th anniversary of the attack on this day. I didn't initially remember until I saw the flags at half mast. And then I couldn't believe I had forgotten.

Day 8 is about my love of the holiday lights and how I get so much joy just sitting there watching them. I've done this since I was a wee little girl - I used to lay UNDER our tree watching the colored lights twinkle.Photobucket
Supplies: Jillibean Soup, October Afternoon PP; Jillibean diecuts and stickers; BasicGrey alpha stickers; twine

Besides capturing my holiday memories in one cute little place, perhaps my favorite thing about my December Daily is that I am using pretty much ALL the holiday papers/embellishments, etc. that I've been hoarding for YEARS! (Just in time for me to collect more. Shhhhh! Don't tell Santa my dirty little secret!)

Here are a few details shots from days 7 & 8:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Day 9 talks about how cold it's been getting here in Kentucky, but without the snow we had last year. We're making due with visits from Jack Frost - like the one pictured. That greeted me on my car as I was out to start the morning errands. :P

Day 10 shows how much time I spend on Pinterest because I forced (nicely of course!) the boys to pose with some candy canes like a photo I loved that I saw there. Check out this link - you'll want to do that too! I think they're sweet though and once again our tree makes it's appearance. (I told you Christmas begins and ends with that tree around here!)
Photobucket
Supplies: Jillibean Soup & October Afternoon PP; BasicGrey stitched brads, pearls; Jillibean diecuts, twine, pin and alpha stickers; October Afternoon small alpha stickers.

And a detail shot from days 9 & 10:
Photobucket

Photobucket

And that's it for today :) Last night was Boy Scout Court of Honor so I'm looking forward to getting caught up!

Have a happy Tuesday!
xoxo,
kg

12 comments:

bakscrap said...

I am so enjoying following your December Daily posts. I think I may actually try doing one next year.

Стокли said...

beautiful album, Kelly =)
pink and blue go so well together!

{dawn} said...

Love the "forced" photos - LOL! Those guys are such sweethearts! And, especially love that you took a page of your daily for remembering Pearl Harbor Day!

Anonymous said...

Love the detail especially the heart with 2 pearls. Christmas lights are my passion, too. My earliest memories as a child are crawling under the Christmas tree and sitting in the corner looking up into the lights. I was probably only 2 or 3 at the time but the memory fills my heart with peace. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Jamie said...

Since seeing your December daily last year, I've been looking forward all year this year to see what you come up with for this one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll have the time to get it finished this year (although I don't know how you find the time to do as much as you do). I'll be checking in with you every day, hanging on the edge of my seat to see the awesome ideas you have for each day. Thanks so much for all of the wonderful inspiration through the year. I hope you & your family have a merry Christmas!

Pearl Maple said...

Great work on your December pages, thanks for sharing the inspiration

Anonymous said...

Your December Daily is looking fantastic, love all the detail! Don't you just love using up all those Christmas supplies? It's a great project!

Patti said...

I look forward to your December Daily pages every year ...throughout the year.... You made it to the 13th this year! Wahoo! Best yet! You are so amazingly talented. I absolutely love your style, and I check your blog daily for inspiration. Thank you for the gift of inspiration every year!

Hope you have a very merry Christmas!

Debbie P said...

Your album is amazing. I happened upon it today and am just in love with it. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Love how you punched holes straight into your pages

Julie Warner said...

Thanks for all the wonderful Christmas ideas. You are amazing. Looking forward to what you will come up with in the new year. Best wishes.

Unknown said...

I've been checking for blog updates, but there haven't been any. I hope all's well with you and your family.