Tuesday, August 09, 2011

I think I need a Vacay from my Vacay!

Whew! Does anyone out there remember me?! I know it's been forever since I last posted. To say it's been a crazy summer would be an understatement! Between multiple camps for the three boys and work and the usual summer hotness, it's flown by. Thank goodness we were able to cap it all with a wonderful family vacation down to Hilton Head. I ADORE Hilton Head - I've been going since I was about Ethan's age but it had been far too long since I had been back. And as much as things had changed, things were still so very much the same :). I love when that happens. We just got back Sunday night and now are in full-on school mode even though school doesn't start until the 17th. Between teacher home visits (don't get me started on those), back-to-school shopping, football practice, scouts and planning a birthday party, I never know if I'm coming or going! So I try and calm myself with wonderful memories of our recent vacation and dream of going back soon....

Here are a few of my favorite moments:
Photobucket
Carson playing in the sand.
Photobucket
Ethan learning how to boogie board.
Photobucket
All my guys in the water.
Photobucket
Harbor Town Light. I've climbed it's 144 steps more times than I can count. I LOVE this lighthouse though I wish they had left off the flags (they didn't used to be there) - I'm a purist when it comes to my lighthouses.
Photobucket
Everyone on the docks in Harbor Town. They're all laughing because Ethan sneezed every time I tried to snap a picture! ;)
Photobucket
The view from the dock going over the dunes to the beach. It kills me that no photo editing was done to this picture. It is just THAT pretty and colorful. sigh.
Photobucket
I wish I was this talented with sand! This loggerhead turtle was very fitting as it's egg laying/hatching season on the island right now.
Photobucket
The oldest thinking a dead jellie wouldn't sting him. He was wrong.
Photobucket
The oldest also thinking he could also outrun his dad. He was wrong again. (But it won't be long!)
Photobucket
Awwww. The littles in the pool.
Photobucket
The sunset over Skull Creek. It was gorgeous there when it broke through the clouds.
Photobucket
And finally our attempt at a family photo (I was setting it up in this shot) but it was a huge epic FAIL. I sat them in fire ants and well - that was all she wrote. Bah. I just we just have to go back again soon to try again?! ;)

In the meantime, I get to have fun filling this cute little mini album I made with BasicGrey's Lauderdale line with all our vacay memories. Have you ever pre-prepared an album for your vacation or event photos? I love doing that. I find it such an easy way to make sure you get those memories down super fast while they're still fresh in your mind - not to mention you have this cute little book to inspire you to get all those photos you might otherwise forget to take. Though I have to admit that's not so much my problem (as you can probably tell!). I take so many that I almost have to put them in a little mini album of their very own!
Doesn't this album just scream summer?! I can't get enough of this line. And I'll be sure to share the album again as soon as I get it filled up so you can see how quickly it came together.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Supplies: BasicGrey Lauderdale 6x6 pad, Olio rub-ons, alpha stickers, Pieces (die-cuts), brads
Other: Bazzill cardstock, paper bags, Fiskars border punch

Have a wonderful week! And be sure to check back soon. I have a special back to school giveaway coming up that you won't want to miss!
xoxo,
k.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Well, there you are!!! Glad you had a good time!! What great photos!!! Oh, I could use a vacation like that! FANTASTIC photos, Kelly! I can't believe how big your boys are getting! Especially your oldest! School starts here on the first, but we are in school mode. School home visits?? Um... not a fan of those either if that is what you were sayin'. Ben's preschool teacher wanted to. I gave her a funny look and she popped up with it isn't mandatory. Good! After putting kids through school since 1993, really.. I don't need it. Neither do my kids. Anyway.. can't wait to see that album filled!!

Unknown said...

So glad that you had such a wonderful vacation. Your pictures are wonderful!!!

OH, and I had to chuckle when I read your comment about those teach home visits - as we have the same thing and I always opt for going to the school!!

Love your mini album too!! It's perfect! ;)

Shirley said...

Gorgeous album! Love the HH pictures. Was just in Charleston myself....gotta love SC! :)

Kelly Massman said...

Looks like fun to me!!! :-)
Your mini looks adorable, too!

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

great pics!!! love the lighthouse and the mini is adorable!

Michelle L. said...

So.... would you think that I'm a webstalker if I told you that I check your website every day, hoping for a new post? (And when I also confessed that I did a little squeal when I saw something new today?) Love your work, Kelly. Thanks for sharing! Have you ever thought of compiling your layouts & projects into a book to publish?

Caroll Brammer said...

Gorgeous photos and an adorable book!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful photos! The mini book is adorable! I was at HH once several years ago and loved it!

Julie M said...

Lovely photos - remind me of family seaside holidays a million years ago (well, maybe not quite that long!). Great fun mini album too - you're right to get everything down on paper quickly!

Julie

Jen said...

Wow!!! Amazing photos!!!!

GabyCreates.com said...

Glad you are back and more glad to see all this fun pictures!! But where -are -you? ...I know we always forget to get in the pictures!

Lisa P said...

Your photos are absoloutely amazing. I love the boogie board picture. Very cool angle. I love the lighthouse too. I am in love with lighthouses. We took a trip up the East Coast last year and I loved exploring and seeing different lighthouses.