Wednesday, August 31, 2011

This Boy...

Photobucket
...turned 8 years old this week. Eight. My baby. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this, but it's a fact. I just can't seem to stop time. On the upside? *HE* is really excited about him being 8!

And because he's 8 and being the good mama that I am, we're incredibly busy planning a Harry Potter party in the woods at our local park. It's going to be SO much fun and I think my husband and I are even more excited than him and his brothers. So to kick off the week of party festivities, these sweet invites were delivered to his class Monday along with some cupcakes. And you know? Sometimes being a scrapbooking mama pays off in unexpected ways. Just how many other mom's would have enough vellum and embossing powder in the house to create 24 invitations? ahem. Just sayin'.
Photobucket


Oh...and these wands? Well. They're our next project. Daddy's next project anyway. This mom already did her part by knitting Griffyndor scarves for the party guests. Ok, so I really only knitted two while my mom did the rest, but still....

And speaking of the boy...unfortunately he has also decided to quit football. Daddy and I are pretty devastated about that as he'd been looking forward to it for so long and was so excited about it, but we're not about to force him to play a sport he doesn't want to play. It was just an unfortunate little accident (a kid fell on his collarbone) that did him in and that. Was that. So to document his brief stint on the turf, I created this layout for the BasicGrey sketch this week. It features the Oliver line (probably one of my all-time favorites) as well as that sweet gap-toothed photo shown above.

Photobucket

And yes! You might have caught that I said BASICGREY SKETCH!! They're back, baby! We've been so excited to have our own little corner of the blogosphere lately because it's really let us be in contact with YOU, our loyal fans and one of the top 3 requests for the new blog was SKETCHES! It seems that you all want inspiration and a starting point for your pages so here's what we're gonna do:

Each and every Monday you can expect a sketch to inspire your next project over on our BasicGrey blog. We’ll provide you a sketch and an example or two of how we put the sketch to work. And there may or may not be prizes along the way. (We all know how we like FREE goodies!)

Which brings me to my OWN free goodies to give away! The winner of the fantastic spot in Jennifer & Kristina's Summer Card Camp class is nbuston! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Photobucket

And I never heard from - the winner of my "other baby" - my BasicGrey 2012 calendar! Congrats to you as well!
Photobucket
If you'd please contact me at kelly(dot)goree(at)gmail(dot)com I'll be able to hook you up with your prizes!

Have a great week!
xoxo,
k

6 comments:

Cynthia Baldwin said...

I can understand why you'd b excited about this party - it sounds AWE some! My 9yo daughter went to a Harry Potter camp this summer and made wands like that, and they dueled each other with spells - so fun! Kudos to your mom for all the knitting!

Michelle said...

Happy Happy Birthday sweet Carson!!! I hope you have the best birthday!!! Sounds like such a fun party!! I can see why you are excited!!! You will have to share a couple of photos! ;) This is such a wonderful page documenting his time playing!! I love that line too!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Happy Birthday CArson!Gorgeous layout Kelly, I love that line too♥

Margie said...

Oh, how awesome!! Make sure you post all of the party pics and details!! My son wants a Harry Potter party for his birthday!The invites look awesome!

Kelly Massman said...

Happy Birthday to a little boy whom I feel I know even though I have never met him!
Football is rough! Glad you had the fun scrapbook memory anyway! :)
The party sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pictures from the party. My son and I are huge Harry Potter fans. Too bad he's 26 now and too old for an awesome HP party like you are getting ready for. However, everyone could use a good scarf! Please share pics! Love your layouts, Kelly. :-)