Monday, August 09, 2010

Monday Randoms

Morning, all!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I've got a bit of the Monday randoms going on myself - I feel way scattered and am trying to pull this modge podge of stuff together and failing miserably I tell you. Anyone with me on that? Oy!

Here's a few things I have to share and maybe that will get me on track a bit!

First, the August issue of BasicGrey's 'Just the Basics' is now available for your reading pleasure! I think this edition is chockful of eye candy and I really hope you'll check it out. Not only does it feature my boy dream-line Oliver, but also the fab work of the talented Kim Kesti (LOVE that girl), Allison Cope and Sarah Meyer!

Kim and I worked a little sketch magic based on this ultra-fun digital template that is a TWO-PAGER! Can I hear a cheer from the crowd? ;) I adore our digital templates and especially love that they included all scrapbook sizes (12x12, double pages and 8.5x11) as I personally scrapbook in all sizes. (I'm an equal-opportunity scrapbooker to be sure!) You can check out more of the templates here.
This is my layout based on the sketch below it. It was absolutely perfect for capturing an entire day's events or a season or anything that has quite a few pictures associated with it. I picked this year's 4th of July Party to document. And of course, I used OLIVER! I haven't found anything that line *can't* be used on! Such fun!

Photobucket

Photobucket

One more fun thing:
Bazzill Basics and Heidi Swapp have hosted Creative Escape for the past 4 or 5 years. It's an amazing event and a couple of years ago, I had the honor of being a teacher at this event. I loved every minute of it and getting to spend time with some of my idols and make so many new friends. But one of my favorite parts of CE was that they had an auction to raise money for the Lymphoma Society. The year I taught, the amazing Tim Holtz actioned off his CE shirt (you might have heard about this! :)) and raised $6000 all on his own! Unreal!

Ayhow, this year as they did last year, Creative Escape is holding a "celebrity" auction of gorgeous mirrors that were decorated by teachers and former teachers of CE to help raise money for cancer research. While I'll be the first to admit, altered arts are *not* my specialty, I gave it a go for a good cause! Here is my mirror using BasicGrey's Cappella line! I hope those of you that attend CE will enjoy seeing all the mirrors and other special things created for this action and bid generously!
Photobucket

Oh and finally - I don't know if this caught anyone's eye, but I just had to pass it along (wink, wink - It's that September part that has ME excited!) -
This came from Ella Publishing's last email update:

Ella's Essential Guide to Scrapbooking Girls will be released later this month, and Ella's Essential Guide to Scrapbooking Boys is coming your way in September. You'll find the guidance you need to paint a complete picture of your child, whether you have a girly girl, a tomboy, a daredevil, a sweet little man, or all of the above.

Have a great Monday!
xoxo,
k.

7 comments:

Tina in Michigan said...

Kelly,

Love that mirror! Love the combination of BG and shabby chic! also i can't wait to do a fourth of july layout like this one. thanks for the inspiration.

Michelle said...

I read the newsletter.. it is awesome!! I love the dbl page you made with the sketch!! It is so wonderful!!! I have a few pieces of that Oliver line... LOVE the mirror!! I think you did an amazing job altering that mirror!!!! It's beautiful!

Wendy said...

sigh...everything you do seems to just be perfect!!!! stunning page!

Elisabeth Helland said...

wow, I really love the mirror and its colors..... and the amazing things you did with the sketch, it's such a loooong time since I've done a dbl page, but you sertanly got me inspired now....thank you for sharing...

Julie Howard said...

I came over to check your "where I'll be" schedule to see if you were going to be at CK Cincy on the 10th of September. Guess not! Who wants to be in stinky ol' Cincy when they can be in the Netherlands!? I was so hoping to meet you. Oh well. One of these days. :)

Melissa Marro said...

Love the template and actual layout!! Fantastic!

Melissa ~
TheHive – A Social Community for the Arts and Crafts Industry

Kristin Hayne said...

Your layout and that that MIRROR!!! To die for!! Congrats!!