Thursday, December 09, 2010

Catching up a bit...

I'm trying to hang in there with my December Daily, folks. It's a battle, but I'm determined to win it! Here are a few from the past few days - Days 3, 4 and 5.

Day 3:
For this one I wanted to use the picture of the holly predominantly so it is my entire page on the right. I loved the snow hitting the tops of the red berries. It totally made me happy. To add a little interest as well as to have a place to put the "3", I used a transparent overly from BasicGrey's Take Notes from the Jovial line. It was just enough to add a little flair to the page without overwhelming it.
Then, so you couldn't see the adhesive through the transparency, I did the same thing on the other side and just matched it up.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Source List: BasicGrey Jovial papers, transparent overlay, Olio Rub-on; BasicGrey Basics paper (white) and Mini monos (colored brown); BasicGrey Pyrus Micro monos (colored); Zig pen; Uni-ball pen; Fiskars punches.

Day 4 and 5:
For Days 4 and 5, I really didn't have many photos - in fact I was doing well to have these! - so I really only used one side of the page for the day. After I was finished I realized I didn't have much room for a title, so I created this scalloped semi-circle page to fit in between the. It ended up being just the right amount of space for a title and added some fun interest with its unusual shape.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Source List: BasicGrey Jovial papers, Olio rub-ons; BasicGrey Oliver micro mono alphas; Sizzix/BasicGrey diecut; Fiskars scallop scissors and border punch; Magill label punch; Uni-ball pen; Zig pen

Check back tomorrow for a little bit of blogging fun! It's going to be a great time and I promise, you won't want to miss it!
Have a wonderful Thursday and don't forget to leave your name for the PageMaps calendar giveaway a couple posts below. It's still open until the 17th!
xo,
k.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

These are just wonderful, Kelly!!! I actually haven't taken many photos this year so far!! :o I think I need to get my butt in gear!

A Sarasota said...

Beautiful dailies!!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously cute. Thanks for sharing - I'm highly inspired by this today.

Barb in AK said...

Kelly--You clever girl! I love the semi-circle divider :-) Your album is coming along beautifully! Thank so much for sharing and inspiring :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your creative mo jo! Merry Christmas.

Lori H.

Dawn said...

Very Cute, I'm always looking for good ideas for "just because" cards!

Anna-Karin said...

Such cute cards Kelly! Great idea to emboss the telephones to make them shiny.