Monday, December 06, 2010

How is it possible?

That it's only the 6th (ONLY!) and I'm already behind on my December Daily album? See, I knew being caught up wouldn't last long. In the spirit of "keeping it real" I will confess that I'm only just now working on Day 3.
But here's Day 2 (The Legend of the Christmas Tree Squirrel) to tie you over (and get my butt moving!)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Supplies: BasicGrey Jovial papers, alpha stickers, chip sticker shapes, office tabs, olio rub-ons; Maya Road kraft envelope; McGill label punch; Fiskars Scallop border punch

My favorite part of this is that I used the Maya Road envie to hold the story about our Christmas Tree squirrel and how the legend came about. It worked out beautifully to just tuck it in there. And because I know some of you might ask, here's the legend as it was first told to our boys and appeared on a layout way back in the Christmas of 2003~
"This year Daddy decided to share with you boys "The Legend of the Christmas Squirrel." As it goes, this legend tells of a little squirrel that lives in the Christmas trees of all the good little boys and girls. This squirrel is a magical squirrel, of course, and his tail is red and white striped like a candy cane. Every morning from the time the tree is up and decorated in the house until Christmas morning, the Christmas Squirrel will leave a candy cane somewhere in the tree for the children to find. You boys were completely fascinated with this tale and eagerly hunted every morning for your candy. Some days it was harder to find than others, but it was always there! Guess you little men were very good this year! Christmas, 2003"

Happy Holidays and happy Monday, everyone! And don't forget - the PageMaps/Scrapbook & Cards Today calendar giveaway is still open on this post! Get over there and get your name in by the 17th to be entered to win yours!
xoxo,
k.

5 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Cute legend but it leaves me with questions...is the Christmas Tree squirrel a visible ornament or is he unseen?

lisa truesdell said...

looooooooooove all the trees. and the cmas squirrel. that is awesome.

i'm behind too. it's all good. write it down, get it into the book eventually! =)

Kelly said...

cute legend! thanks for sharing it.

TracieClaiborne said...

I haven't done any pages....just pics and journaling. So you're way ahead of me! Love this!!!!!!

lunetapatineta said...

I havn't printed the pics, and the album isn´t finished jet!!!
LOVE your mini album, BEAUTIFUL!!! Love all the details...