Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Christmas Squirrel Album

Good morning and happy Monday, everyone!

I know I've shared here before about our family tradition of the Christmas Squirrel (our elf on a shelf rendition, Kentucky-style ;)). It's long been a favorite of ours and while I've scrapbooked a layout or two about it, I just always felt it wasn't "enough" to encompass our favorite ongoing tradition.
Then enter AllyScraps. This month I've had the pleasure of guest designing for them and one of the super-fun perks was getting to go shopping in their store. As you might imagine, by working directly for a manufacturer my chance to play with other products and companies is pretty limited so this was a rare treat. When I stumbled upon this chipboard tree mini album by Maya Road, I was hooked...and knew I had just what I needed to record years of memories along with the legend of the Squirrel. I managed to record from 2003 when we started this tale all the way through this year along with the full legend. Now that it's done, I couldn't love this album more. To me, it's what scrapbooking is all about and I want to share it here with you. I hope you love it as much as I do! :)

Photobucket
Source List: Maya Road Tree Album, Echo Park Papers, October Afternoon stickers, Ranger Stickles, Bazzill Cardstock; Zig pen (brown), Fiskars circle punch, scallop border punch, snowflake punch
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Have a great day and remember - you can still enter my PageMaps2 giveaway on the post below until Noon on the 20th!
xoxo,
k.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

This is just wonderful!! I love it. You are right the tree mini is perfect! I love this tradition.. have never heard of it until last year, reading Steph Howell's blog about the elf that floats around.. "Turtle" as Harper calls it. Thinking it is still not too late to start something like that here. ;) What a great tradition!!

Karen said...

What a wonderful tradition!! Your album is beautiful too!

A Sarasota said...

what a gorgeous mini!

cowboycentral said...

Wow ! This mini is a wonderful way to preserve a family tradition. What a gift for your family.

Kelly Massman said...

this is adorable Kelly!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Would love to receive that Pagemaps 2 book in my stocking.

Thanks & Merry Christmas.

Lori H.

Sarah Mullanix said...

This mini is just adorable, LOVE IT!! :)

Heather V said...

I love the idea of a whole mini album for a special family tradition! This is really great, Kelly.

lunetapatineta said...

LOVE the mini album!!! And it´s a BEAUTIFUL story!!!

Barb in AK said...

THAT is truly A.DOR.A.BLE!!!!

lisa truesdell said...

look how LITTLE they are. love.

taniawillis said...

i looooooooove this!